Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Bibliophile

I have enjoyed all of Sarah Eden's books. My least favorite was For Elise because I have a young daughter I worry about and reading about young girls who go through hard things feeds that fear.
The book I read recently was also about people going through hard things. It was the novella My Dearest Love. It is actually a prequel to the Hope Springs Series chronicling the courtship of Ian and Biddy. I really do love historical fiction and this one shared insights into Ireland during the harsh years of hunger and New York after some of those Irish immigrants arrived.
I then read Love Remains, which is the latest of the Hope Springs novels. It is so interesting to put yourself into the characters place and imagine how you might cope. For me this novel made me think about relations between cultures and judging people not for where they have come from but for who it has made them become. It also made me wonder how I would cope with blindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment